- Only 28% of voters believe North Carolina is heading in the right direction
- 61% approval rating for Dole
- 59% have a favorable impression of her
- 45% of North Carolina voters have a favorable impression of Senator Hillary Clinton
- 49% of voters have a favorable impression of Senator John Edwards
- 42% have a favorable impression of President George W Bush
- Voters disapprove of both Republicans (61% disapprove) and Democrats (51% disapprove) in Congress
The 61% approval rating is far from the 46% rating we released this morning. The polling memo only lists 9 questions. But these type of polls usually have between 25 and 50 questions. I'm suspicious that there were many other questions in the poll and those may have impacted the approval rating.