Monday, May 11, 2009

Insider Baseball

It says something about how scared Republicans are of losing Richard Burr's seat that they're putting so much hope into the possibility that a nine year old lawsuit will scuttle a possible Roy Cooper candidacy.

I just don't see this lawsuit becoming a big liability in the campaign. The NRSC or the Burr campaign can run a negative ad about Cooper running negative ads but that looks pretty dumb. I guess they can come right out and call Cooper a liar but that risks voters thinking that they're the ones that crossed the line- especially given that I think Republicans are already perceived as the mean party.

It's not like Cooper insulted someone's religion.

I'm not surprised, given Cooper's very popular record, that this is what the GOP seems to be pinning its hopes on. But I don't see it proving to be very effective.

No comments:

 
Web Statistics