Monday, April 7, 2008

Even more on the N&O poll

Over at Talk Politics Leroy Towns, a political veteran, chimes in on the flaws of the N&O poll.

I agree with his points. Towns also points out that I am not unbiased when criticizing the poll because I am a competing pollster. That's true, but at the same time I am very glad that respected national companies like Rasmussen and Survey USA are polling in North Carolina. I think SUSA will have new numbers tomorrow for the Democratic primaries for Governor and Senate and the Republican primary for Governor and I eagerly anticipate that to see how we're matching up.

I think it's great the McClatchy papers commissioned a poll. I just think they should have picked more carefully, or recognized the limitations of who they hired and only printed numbers they felt were reliable.

No comments:

 
Web Statistics