Wednesday, May 23, 2007

More on hurricane preparedness

Our reader, Jessica, had the following comment on hurricane preparedness:
"Actually Justin, the poll you're referring to is not the one Governor Easley is talking about. The survey the Governor referred to was conducted by Mason-Dixon Polling & Research of 625 adults in North Carolina between May 8 and May 10. It has a margin for error of plus or minus 4%. This is a separate poll from the one for the National Hurricane Survival Initiative, although that one was also conducted by Mason Dixon. I am alarmed as to why you aren't using your blog to encourage North Carolinians to get prepared, especially since the poll also revealed most residents do not know the appropriate methods of preparing for a hurricane. Since North Carolina is the 2nd most hurricane-prone state, I think it is vital for residents to understand the importance of hurricane safety and preparations. I urge people to visit www.readync.org for more information on preparing for hurricanes and other disasters."
I'm sorry for the error. I had never heard of the North Carolina specific poll. I'd like to see the results if anyone know where I can find them. I'd encourage everyone to take a look at www.readync.org like Jessica suggests.

No comments:

 
Web Statistics