Friday, August 29, 2008

Wrapping up the Week

Look out Sunday for a special report from PPP on the changing electorate of North Carolina. I'll post excerpts from it here and the full thing will be on our website.

I don't know why I'm just getting to this today but an independent analysis from the wise sage of fivethirtyeight.com found earlier this week that there is no Democratic lean in PPP's numbers. Check it out here.

I'm not surprised in the least because whatever anyone wants to believe, we just put the numbers out the way they come. We certainly don't hide the fact that we're Democrats, and most of the analysis I do focuses on taking the numbers and tying them into what Barack Obama/Kay Hagan/Bev Perdue needs to do to win but the numbers themselves are completely unbiased. I know some folks like to take every poll we release and add five points for McCain, and I don't have a problem with that, but I'm guessing you're going to be really disappointed on election day if you let that shape your expectations.

Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Ranjit said...

Tom,

I think, selection of Sarah Palin is going to rally conservative base in huge numbers. Catholics, pro life, Gun owners, security moms, soccer moms, hockey moms are going to turn out in huge numbers for Republicans. This were the same people, who would have stayed home during the election day.I have a feeling that, after Sarah Palin's selection, North Carolina should be out of swing state.

 
Web Statistics