Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Looking Back

Like most bloggers who focus on elections I'm struggling right now with a fair amount of 'what the heck am I supposed to write about now?' in an effort to keep the blog interesting.

One thing I did today was look back at the stuff I wrote about this time last year and saw that I marveled at a multi state poll including Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida that showed the Democrat winning on a generic Presidential ballot. That seemed shocking and almost implausible at the time given that all five had been red states in both 2000 and 2004.

I just tallied up the votes from those five states and lo and behold Barack Obama did carry them by about 65k votes, or the equivalent of about a quarter of a point.

But you know, Democrats should write off the south.

No comments:

 
Web Statistics