Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Love Letters to PPP

From: Stephen Zinn [mailto:stephen.zinn@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Tue 10/21/2008 6:07 PM
To: PPP Information
Subject: indiana Poll

Hey, it worked! You got a bunch of hits on your web site! Congradulations you sleaze. Will you be part of the intelligencia of the new regime?
__________________________________
This guy is on to us! Senator Obama, if you are reading this, I was hoping for the appointment to the Court of St. James. But if you feel like you need to hook up Quinnipiac or Research 2000 first for their more friendly poll numbers I'll settle for Denmark where I can get in touch with my ancestry or Japan where I can still go see quality baseball several times a week.

In all seriousness though, we have gotten much less vitriolic e-mail and phone calls during the general election than we did during the primary. I don't know if people are just less emotional about it or what but it's been nothing compared to how nasty both Obama and Clinton supporters acted toward us at various times when they didn't like polls we put out.

4 comments:

Mathis said...

I think it's because the Republicans are becoming more and more resigned to the fact that McCain will lose. I was listening to El Rushbo today during lunch on a drive to the local Taco Bell, and he was literally yelling at his listeners to go vote - "This election isn't over! Don't let the drive-bys tell you that McCain can't win! I'm sick of people who say they're not going to vote because Obama's going to win anyway!" And on and on. For all the Dems' hand-wringing over complacency, I think the real worry is on the Republican side. They are demoralized.

ttfrenzy said...

Yea, repubs are getting pretty deflated

what polls can we expect next week?

Anonymous said...

What an a**hole. Man, there are going to be some gloomy faces on November 5th for these people. President-elect Obama is going to drive them batsh*t.

thisniss said...

Aw, I am seriously in love with you all. I frequently pronounce my love for PPP on other internets tubes, but perhaps I should stop by here to do so a little more often, just so the crazies don't get you down.

Honestly, though, in today's political climate you'd probably be doing your job wrong if your polling never attracted hate mail. We are a deeply troubled people.

<3

 
Web Statistics