Sunday, January 13, 2008

An invitation for the Moore campaign

Following up on my post Friday about how Richard Moore, the candidate himself, insinuated that PPP's numbers were biased toward Bev Perdue because one of her staffers used to work here, I sent Jay Reiff, Moore's campaign manager, this invitation tonight:

Dear Mr. Reiff,

I was interested to see the Treasurer’s comments to the News&Record indicating that he thought Public Policy Polling’s surveys of the Democratic race for Governor were not credible because someone who used to work here is now employed by the Perdue campaign. In case you have not seen them, here is the link.

Although I can assure you that is most certainly not the case, I think transparency is the best response when situations like this arise. So I would like to invite you or the Treasurer to come and join me in the office when we conduct our next poll in your race. Usually we run the poll from about 6 to 9 PM one night and then process and weight the results the next morning. I’d be happy to schedule it for a time that would suit your schedules. I am eager for the opportunity to ease the Moore campaign’s fears that things are not above board in Public Policy Polling’s numbers.

If you accept my invitation I will have to extend a similar invitation to Zach Ambrose with the Bev Perdue campaign for the sake of fairness.

I’d also like to thank you for your campaign’s touting of our numbers on your website earlier during the campaign. One of the things that most helps a polling company gain credibility is when candidates and their staffs promote their numbers and take them seriously, so I am grateful to you for that.

I will look forward to your response.

Best wishes,

Tom Jensen

No comments:

 
Web Statistics